Myerscough College's Open Day & Country Fair sees thousands of people flocking to the annual event, with 2019 set to be another bumper year.
A limited number of super early bird tickets are now on sale at just £10.99 for a Family Pass (up to 2 adults & 2 children aged 6-15), for the College's largest event of the year, on Sunday, June 9th, which is one of the biggest days out in Lancashire's outdoor events calendar.
The event is a major undertaking for the College and involves months of preparation by hundreds of staff and students as well as working closely with dozens of partners, third party companies and exhibitors. Highlights of the day include equestrian shows and demonstrations, motorsport and machinery displays, the agricultural shows and demonstrations, photography and floral exhibitions, sports tournaments and a host of children’s activities. The agriculture, rural skills and countryside zones and superb landscaped gardens also prove extremely popular by attracting many visitors.
As one of the biggest days out in Lancashire’s outdoor events calendar attracting over 10,000 visitors, visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do across the whole College site.
Attractions this year include:
- The ever popular Sheep Show with dancing sheep and the Dog and Duck Show
- Motorzone including a display from the fabulous 3SIXTY Bicycle Stunt Team
- ‘Having a go’ at a variety of challenges and activities
- A tractor drawn ride to the College farms to see the cows and sheep and learn about farm life
- An exhilarating 4X4 Land Rover off-road experience with the Red Rose Landrover Club
- Children’s Zone with giant inflatable playground
- Sampling local produce and taking home some delights from the hugely popular food and drink producers market
- Getting up close to the small and large pets and livestock
- Horse displays and other equestrian arena shows and demonstrations
- Gundogs, falconry, sheep dog trials and more in our Countryside Arena
- Viewing the motorsport, farm machinery and vehicle displays
- An array of common and unusual plants for sale in Plant World adjacent to our award winning Myerscough Gardens
Share this article
by Dave Salmon