International students

If you’re coming to Myerscough from outside the UK, then we’d like to wish you a particularly warm welcome. You’ve chosen an excellent College, with a friendly campus, quality teaching and superb job prospects. We’ll do all we can to make your stay here a happy and memorable experience.

Here at Myerscough we have a long tradition of welcoming international students. Above all, we really appreciate the contribution that students from other nations and cultures make to College life. In recent years our online part-time degree courses have also proved particularly popular with international students. We understand that settling in will be a busy time, with lots of new things to remember, but we’ll support you and make it as easy as possible. 

A good starting point in planning your application is the British Council website It provides excellent links to a variety of key issues, including the recently revised UK entry and visa requirements. It also provides information about living and studying in the UK. (They have an excellent ‘First Steps’ information booklet available to download from the website.) 

Overseas Qualifications

To be eligible for one of our courses you must be able to meet the entry requirements, with appropriate exam results and eligible qualifications from your country. UK NARIC is the national agency responsible for providing information and advice about how qualifications and skills from overseas compared to the UK's national qualification framework. UK NARIC can provide you with a ‘statement of comparability’ that is designed to assist you when applying for courses in the UK. This statement enables colleges and universities to make informed decisions about the suitability of your qualification(s) for the course for which you are applying. 

For more information about UK NARIC please visit or call +44 (0)871 330 7033 

Alternatively, contact our Course Enquiries Team on +44 (0)1995 642211 or email for more information. 

How good is your English?

You must be able to demonstrate proof of your English language skills, by showing that you have ‘upper intermediate or intermediate’ level English (a minimum of CEFR level B1 for degree programmes and B2 for Level 3 programmes in each of the four components of language learning; reading, writing, listening and speaking) - either by passing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at 550 (with no less than 4.0 in TWE, TOEFL paper-based) or at 80+ (with no less than 18 in the writing subcore, TOEFL iBT) or by passing the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at level 6.0 (with no component score lower than 5.5) or IELTS level 7.0 for FdSc/BSc (Hons) Veterinary Nursing. 

How to apply to the College?

Further Education
You can apply for all Further Education, part-time and online courses by using the online application function linked to each course factsheet. 

Higher Education
All full-time Higher Education applications should be made via the UCAS website: If you have any queries please contact UCAS on +44 (0)871 468 0468 or +44 (0)870 1122211. Applications for part-time online courses should be made direct to the College .

How much does it cost to study?

Further Education
If you’re a student from a European Union (EU) country with a minimum of three years residency, you only need to pay fees if you are over 18. The cost is £1,125 a year.* If you’re an overseas student from a country outside the EU, you must pay an overall fee of £5,300 a year. * In addition, all EU and overseas students, whatever their age, must pay the £95 Facilities and Resource contribution each year. Fees must be paid prior to starting your course. 

You will also have accommodation costs and day-to-day living and travel expenses. Please see the accommodation and catering page for more information. The UKCISA website ( provides a lot of additional practical advice about studying and living in the UK.

Higher Education
If you’re a full-time student from a European Union (EU) country, you will probably pay the same tuition fee as UK students. You may also be eligible to apply for a tuition fee loan, although not a maintenance loan to cover living costs and associated expenses. If you’re an overseas student from a country outside the EU, or an EU student undertaking a part-time online course, you must pay an ‘International Student’ tuition fee. You will also have to pay for accommodation costs and day-to-day living and travel expenses. You will also need to supply evidence to the UK Border Agency that you have sufficient funds to support your studies in the UK. The UKCISA website ( provides a lot of additional practical advice about studying and living in the UK. 

International Finance

You will need to fill in a Financial Guarantee Form prior to attending College. This shows that you have the finances available to pay for your tuition fees, accommodation and day-to-day living expenses. Similar evidence will be required by the UK Border Agency when assessing visa applications from non-EU students. 

When to pay your fees

You must pay your fees before you start your course. We need to receive your payment before 1st September of each academic year. All Higher Education tuition fees for full-time students should be paid to the University of Central Lancashire. Any other fees should be made payable to Myerscough College. 

Tier 4 Student Visas

Before beginning your studies in the UK, international students from outside the EU will need to apply for a visa to enter the UK. The regulations are subject to change, so it is vital that you check the UK Visas and Immigration website on a regular basis. Myerscough College is a 'Highly Trusted' licensed sponsor under the new Tier 4 points-based immigration system. When you apply for a visa you must be able to pass a points-based assessment and score 40 points before you will be able to travel to the United Kingdom to begin your studies. These 40 points will include: 

  • 30 points for a CAS reference number (formerly a 'visa letter') from Myerscough College. This shows that we have assessed your application and are willing to offer you a place on the relevant degree course.
  • 10 points for being able to prove that you have enough money to cover the first year of your course fees and to cover your first year living costs in the UK.

For full information on costs please see the UK Visas and Immigration website.

Open course search
Clear filters