City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Technical Competence in Pet Sitting
About the course
In order to take this qualification, you need to hold a level 2 qualification in animal-related area, such as:
- Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Animal Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Equine Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Agriculture
- Level 2 Certificate of Technical Competence in Animal Health, Husbandry and Handling
**Evidence of this will need to be provided on booking**
If you are looking for a career within the animal care industry, then this is the qualification aimed at you.
Working with animals is extremely rewarding, but it can require long hours, with dedication and enthusiasm for the role. this qualification is suitable if you are 16 years old or over.
You will gain the practical skills and knowledge that are important for working as a pet sitter. Pet sitting can involve looking after a wide range of animals to include cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs, through exotics, pet pigs, chickens, sheep or goats, for example. You could also progress to further learning and training in this area.
This qualification covers the skills you will need to progress to work as a pet sitter. Mandatory content covers:
- Roles and responsibilities of a professional pet sitter
- Current legislation and codes of practice
- Potential problems and emergencies.
The assessment for this qualification will require you to achieve: