Myerscough College and University Centre is very pleased to announce the launch of an ambitious new Strategic Plan.
The plan outlines the objectives that will shape the strategic direction of the College until 2025 and position it as a leading organisation, nationally, regionally and locally, within the land-based, sport, engineering and science sectors.
Myerscough’s latest Strategic Plan focuses on ‘Inspiring Excellence’, with the vision supported by a set of four professional values and behaviours, which will underpin all of the College’s activities, and strategic goals relating to a careers-focused curriculum, outstanding learning opportunities, an inclusive culture, financial resilience and engagement locally, regionally and nationally.
Chief Executive and Principal, Alison Robinson, says: ‘’Myerscough has undergone many positive changes in recent years and the period covered by this Strategic Plan also promises to be one of significant development.
‘’We continue to be one of the country’s top performing colleges with very strong further education, higher education and apprenticeship achievement rates and student satisfaction rates. Our students and staff are at the heart of our College and University Centre, and being at Myerscough is more than just a job or a qualification. We believe in inspiring excellence in a supportive, enriching, ambitious and nurturing environment so that everyone can be the best that they can be.
‘’We invite staff, students and partners to work with us in shaping and realising the future of Myerscough College as we transform students’ lives and our community through first class education, training and support.’’
Our vision is to:
- Be the leading college in the land-based, science, engineering and sports sectors
- Be the natural choice for students, staff and employers
- Provide a highly skilled, creative and technical workforce
- Deliver excellent outcomes through inspirational and inclusive learning and services
- Build sustainability into all we do
Our Myerscough values directly support our Strategic Goals:
Our delivery will be high quality and innovative with students at the heart of decision making.
We will enable staff and students to fulfil their potential whilst promoting resilience, leadership, accountability and teamwork.
We will provide a happy, healthy, safe, supportive and sustainable environment in which to live, work and study.
We will advance FREDIE: Fairness, respect, equality, diversity, inclusion, engagement in all we do.
Strategic Goal 1: Learning
To provide excellence in learning we will:
- Design, deliver and recruit with integrity to land-based, engineering, science and sports qualifications in line with local, regional and national economic skills needs.
- Provide excellent teaching, applied research and scholarly activity that creates curious and aspirational learners, improves achievement and transforms lives.
- Enable students at all levels and contexts to develop their personal development and employability skills to enable them to achieve their aspirations and full potential.
- Develop high level technical, creative and digital skills in staff and students.
- Provide outstanding resources which are safe, industry relevant, cutting edge and standard setting.
Strategic Goal 2: People
Our greatest assets are our people. To support them we will:
- Attract, retain and invest in high quality people through providing a supportive environment where staff feel listened to and valued.
- Promote and advance FREDIE principles with a culture of fairness, respect, equality, diversity, inclusion, engagement.
- Provide a safe, secure, healthy and supportive environment to live, work and study.
- Develop strategic partnerships with universities, schools, local / devolved authorities, employers to enhance skills and productivity and align with local, regional and national skills needs.
- Promote and embed a culture of ambition, innovation, resilience and high performance supported by coaching and supportive challenge.
Strategic Goal 3: Sustainability
To support the College’s long-term sustainability we will:
- Deliver ongoing value for money, including outstanding financial management and planning, which will effectively and efficiently enable quality outcomes for learners, good governance and the robust stewardship of College funds.
- Deliver an annual plan that allows for ongoing investment in our resources.
- Review College services and estate to improve resources, produce efficiency savings, financial, cyber and digital resilience and agility.
- Promote and embed a green / sustainability agenda across all activities.
by Dave Salmon