During the Easter and summer vacation periods, the College has a range of accommodation, classrooms, restaurants and outdoor facilities that are available for hire for residential groups. We offer the ideal setting to host language schools, sports camps, church groups and other groups of adults and young persons.
We have over 550 bedrooms on site, which are a mix of single en-suite and single and twin rooms with shared bathrooms. The rooms are situated in over 20 different 2/3 story halls of residence with common room(s) in each hall. The halls are just a short walk away from the restaurants, sports facilities and classrooms.
Catering is included as part of a booking on a bed and breakfast, half board or full board basis with a wide choice of food catering for different dietary requirements. All meals are self-service and include a choice of hot or cold drink:
Breakfast: Cooked breakfast weekdays with a choice of hot and cold breakfast options including cereal, toast, cooked items and fruit. Continental breakfast at weekends with cereal, fruit yoghurt, cheese, ham, croissant, toast and fruit.
Lunch: Two course snack meal with a choice of hot main course, sandwich or jacket potato and filling, salad pot, dessert and fruit.
Evening meal: Two course meal with a choice of hot main course, sandwich or jacket potato and filling, salad pot, dessert and fruit.
Packed meals comprising of a sandwich, packet of crisps, biscuits, fruit and bottle of water as an alternative can be provided if you have an early start, are going out for the day or returning to accommodation late.
Please note we do not offer self-catering.
Numerous classrooms are available of various sizes and layouts with access in most rooms to computer, data projector and interactive whiteboard. In addition, the Lecture Theatre has space for an audience of up to 160 people in tiered seating with access to a data projector, computer and screen making it ideal for presentations and film nights.
- Two sports halls that can accommodate a wide range of sports including 5 aside football, badminton, basketball, volleyball, cricket and various other activities with a 200 seat spectator area in the main hall
- 3G pitch
- Football/rugby pitches
- Grassed areas
The campus also has a range of other services and facilities which can be used by our conference guests including:
- Licensed Mini market selling snacks, drinks, fresh, chilled and frozen food as well as stationery, toiletries, confectionery
- Two laundry areas operated using pre-paid card
- Various snack and drinks vending machines
- Cash machine
- Fully equipped state-of-the-art gymnasium with a wide range of cardiovascular and resistance machines and free weights (gym use subject to additional cost)
- Beautiful gardens
- Plant Centre
We pride ourselves on providing a high quality experience and create bespoke conferencing packages to suit your individual needs and budget.
For more information contact Kelly Thompson, Events Co-ordinator at email@example.com
Did you know about our other areas available to visitors:
- Plant World, open 7 days a week and home to a wide range of indoor and outdoor plants, trees and shrubs perfect for your home or garden. You can also visit the Tropical, Edible and Temperate Zones and observe our pets.
- Garden House Tea Room situated in the Plant Centre providing a range of food including soup, sandwiches, paninis, jacket potatoes, desserts, cakes and speciality hot and cold drinks. It is open every day (except Christmas/New Year period) 10.00am-4.00pm.
- Award-winning gardens covering an area of more than an acre and containing 20 themed plant borders set into a large lawned area, a pond and bog garden, a large collection of trees and an ornamental kitchen garden.
- Stumble Inn, ideal venue for wedding receptions, birthday parties, Christenings, corporate events etc with free room hire and available Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.
- Sports halls that can accommodate a wide range of sports including 5 aside football, badminton, basketball, volleyball, cricket and various other activities with a 200 seat spectator area in the main hall.
- Gym with a range of cardio machines, free weights and resistance machines. Various membership packages available.
- Sports pitches including 3G and a number of football and rugby pitches for hire.
- 9 hole golf course open to members and junior and adult golf lessons delivered by our golf professional staff.
- Equestrian Centre - International Arena featuring 2 indoor arenas (one with audience seating) as well as outdoor exercising and riding areas for private hire weekday evenings, weekends and College holidays.