The Leading Lancashire project is aimed at developing the employees of small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) across Lancashire. Part-funded by the European Social Fund, and led by the University of Central Lancashire, Leading Lancashire provides the county’s SME workforce with access to training and support, focusing on developing skills for current and future managers and leaders. Our Level 3, Level 4 and Level 5 Short Courses, accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and Chartered Management Institute (CMI) will offer bespoke training to meet individual employee needs.
Apprentices will also be supported to develop additional leadership and management skills. Coaching and mentoring will assist SMEs with their leadership succession plans as well as providing support for individuals progressing into management and leadership roles.
By taking part in the Leading Lancashire project, you will create your own training plan to enable you to develop effective leadership and management knowledge, skills and behaviours; improving your potential for career development and gain nationally-recognised leadership and management qualifications.
Join the Leading Lancashire programme today and gain recognised qualifications, network with fellow Lancashire business and develop your skills!
To be eligible for support from Leading Lancashire you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 16 or over
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Work for a Lancashire based SME i.e. Lancashire CC, Blackburn with Darwen or Blackpool postcode area. An SME is defined as an enterprise with fewer than 250 employees.
Key benefits to businesses and employees:
- Increased confidence and skills
- Networking and developing relationships with peers
- Progress career path
- Succession planning
- Upskilling of the workforce with more employees gaining qualifications
- Business growth supported through development of a more highly skilled workforce
- Increase the level of employed woman to encourage progression in employment and help address the gender employment wage gap
Provision ranges from short one day courses and evening courses through to a 9 week programmes in a variety of modules including:
- Managing Team Performance
- Managing Change
- Team Leading
- Delivering Coaching and Mentoring
- Conflict Management
- Recruitment & Retaining Talent
- Project Management
Leading Lancashire Courses
ILM Level 3 Qualifications in Leadership and Management
These qualifications are ideal for individuals who have management
responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their
abilities. They particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up
to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though
organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
- Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
- Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management
ILM Level 4 Qualifications in Leadership and Management
The Level 4 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management are
designed for new and aspiring middle managers. These qualifications help
learners to really get to grips with their role, gain comprehensive business
knowledge, and develop the technical skills they need to lead effectively at
- Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management
- Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Level 4 Diploma in Leadership and Management
ILM Level 5 Qualifications in Leadership and Management
The Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
are designed for practising middle managers, helping them to develop
their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior
- Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
- Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management