Under the current Articles of Government the Corporation is responsible for:
- the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and for the oversight of its activities;
- approving the quality strategy of the institution;
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and for safeguarding their assets;
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk, including, where the Clerk is, or is to be appointed as, a member of staff, the Clerk’s appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay in the capacity as a member of staff; and
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
The following links provide further information regarding the current structure of the Corporation and its committees. Some of the links open Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To view them you will require Adobe Acrobat software.
College Policies and Procedures
Access to Information
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000 gives a general right of access to recorded information held by public authorities; sets out exemptions from that right and places a number of obligations on public authorities.
Myerscough College has adopted the new Model Publication Scheme for Colleges of Further Education effective from 1st January 2009 as approved by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner's Office
Our information is regularly updated - if you have any queries, please contact the Data Protection Officer. If you require any of our documents or policies in larger print then please call 01995 642222 or email our Enquiries Team.