Getting your business off the ground and steering it through those first few turbulent years can be a daunting prospect. The good news is, you don’t have to go it alone. The Rural Business Centre at Myerscough College is here to help new businesses.
During the past 15 years, we have successfully assisted hundreds of new businesses to get started. The Rural Business Centre staff can offer a wealth of support for innovative companies to help them manage the growth process. The business centre works closely with a number of associate professionals who are able to provide specialist advice in a number of areas including investment, financial control and legal services.
Business Support Services include:
- The Rural Business Incubator
- Business development workshops
- Free facilitation service – assisting businesses to identify and access specialist support
- Business Planning
- Conference Facilities
- Organisational Needs Analysis (ONA)
- Help with accessing finance and grants
Rural Business Incubator
Situated in the Rural Business Centre at Myerscough College, the Business Incubator offers affordable furnished offices with broadband internet access providing the ideal environment for business growth and development.
Myerscough is the largest land based college in the country and incubator residents have access to many of the superb facilities on campus as well as those in the Rural Business Centre. The Business Incubator has a total of 16 individual rooms ranging from 13m2 to 27m2 with the largest rooms incorporating 5 workstations. The building has a passenger lift, kitchen facilities for shared usage, purpose-built meeting and conference rooms.
All rooms are fitted out to a high standard with carpet tiles, secure door entry and include the following as standard:
- Office furniture including desk, chair, telephone, filing cabinet and bookcase
- Broadband Internet Access
- Free parking
- Visitors welcome and reception areas with incoming calls handling
- A formal business address
- Secure door entry with 24 hour access & Campus Security
- Meeting and conference rooms for up to 45 people
- Administration services
- On site catering, cafes, restaurant, cash point, bar and shop on campus
- Gymnasiums and sports facilities including 9 hole golf course
Rent covers everything except telephone usage, insurance, pay-as-you-use administration service and photocopying. Building insurance and office cleaning are included.
"The receptionists providing phone cover for our business lines were critical for us in our early stages of growth. The professional friendly atmosphere within the Business Incubator Centre, and ready access to expertise in many areas such as IT and graphic design facilities, has really helped in the development of Pinna. Virtually every client or visitor comments on the quality of our offices."
Helen Bailey, Director Pinna Ltd.