Myerscough offers an excitingly different range of Higher Education subjects, supported by our exceptional resources and countryside location. Select any of the subject areas listed to see information about study opportunities and resources in that area.
Make us your number one choice!
- Top specialist Land-Based and Sports college in the UK, 2014 National Student Survey.
- 97% progression from Myerscough Degree students into employment or further study.
- £16 million campus development programme.
Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) Review May 2014
In May 2014 the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) undertook their 5 yearly review of higher education provision at Myerscough College. The review report was exceptional with 2 commendations, 10 areas of good practice and no recommendations. The key findings were:
Review Outcomes - The QAA review team formed the following judgements about the higher education provision at Myerscough College.
- The maintenance of the threshold academic standards of the awards offered on behalf of its degree-awarding bodies meets UK expectations.
- The quality of student learning opportunities is commended.
- The quality of the information produced about its provision meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities is commended.
Good Practice - The QAA review team identified the following features of good practice at Myerscough College:
- The holistic preparation for and high-level engagement with the Periodic Course Review by higher education staff, students and employers
- The practice of engaging employers as partners in the design, delivery and assessment opportunities within programmes
- The comprehensive support for learners in their transition to higher education
- The wide-ranging support mechanisms targeted to meet individual needs that enable students to develop their academic, personal and professional potential
- The broad range of staff development opportunities available to support a distinctive College higher educational experience
- The Research Strategy that underpins higher education learning and teaching
- The strategy for developing and embedding the virtual learning environment as an effective and consistent learning and teaching tool
- The extensive and effective engagement of students at all levels
- The comprehensive management and oversight of actions arising from quality assurance and enhancement processes
- The use of management information systems to determine areas of priority for continuous improvement and to ensure those areas are addressed and monitored
The full QAA Higher Education Review report for Myerscough College can be found by following the QAA Logo link on this webpage.
Please read our action plan outlining plans to capitalise on identified good practice and respond to the affirmation from the QAA HE Review.
Please also find our Financial information for students document which outlines the College's income and the investment in teaching resources, new buildings and equipment.