Under the current Articles of Government the Corporation is responsible for:
- the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and for the oversight of its activities;
- approving the quality strategy of the institution;
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and for safeguarding their assets;
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk, including, where the Clerk is, or is to be appointed as, a member of staff, the Clerk’s appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay in the capacity as a member of staff; and
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
The following links provide further information regarding the current structure of the Corporation and its committees. Some of the links open Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To view them you will require Adobe Acrobat software. If you do not already have it installed on your machine you may download it free (link at bottom of page)
Governor VacanciesMyerscough College’s Corporation is seeking new members to join the board. Myerscough College is an innovative, dynamic, land-based & sports College, providing Further Education, Higher Education, & work-based learning on a local, regional, national and international level including online delivery.
The current board includes people drawn from a range of backgrounds and experience who make a vital contribution to the work of the college.
Duties include attendance at Corporation meetings, committee meetings and training events. This will involve approximately twelve meetings per year which are usually held in the early evening.
The position is unpaid although expenses can be claimed.
Myerscough College welcome applications from all sections of the community, but we would particularly like to hear from those in the land-based sector (although not all vacancies require expertise in this area), while women are also currently under represented on our board.
If you are interested in becoming involved in an ambitious college and feel that you could contribute to our continuing development please contact Ron Matthews, Clerk to the Corporation, on (01995) 642202 or via email for further information.
Myerscough College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect all members of the governing board to share this commitment.
Access to InformationThe Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000 gives a general right of access to recorded information held by public authorities; sets out exemptions from that right and places a number of obligations on public authorities.
Freedom of Information
Myerscough College has adopted the new Model Publication Scheme for Colleges of Further Education effective from 1st January 2009 as approved by the Information Commissioner’s Office.Information Commissioner's Office
To find the information you require use the left-hand menu or search box at the top right-hand corner of the screen. Our information is regularly updated - if you have any queries, please contact the Data Protection Officer. If you require any of our documents or policies in larger print then please call 01995 642222 or email our Enquiries Team.
February 2014 update - access all Governance documentation at the following link:
Governor's MyPage site
Minutes of Meetings
- Finance Committee
- Audit Committee
- Quality and Standards Committee
- Governance and Strategy Committee
- Resources Committee
Members Report and Financial Statements
The Corporation is committed to upholding the standards of openness and public accountability hence this section on the College web site. I hope that you find this section useful and informative. If you have any comments or queries please contact me as Clerk.
Clerk to the Corporation
Phone: 01995 642202
Deputy Clerk to the Corporation
Phone: 01995 642225