An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Student Support Assistant to join the Student Support Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of efficient administrative support for the team’s activities in the area of student support, pastoral, safeguarding and enrichment. You will be a front line support assistant working directly with students and staff dealing with queries and concerns by acting as triage to a range of College support functions. You must be able to engage and communicate effectively with student, staff and external agencies as well as thrive working in a fast paced environment where every day is different.
The successful candidates must have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Experience of working with young people and be able to understand their range of issues within an educational setting.
- Good understanding of the issues around student support and safeguarding and the commitment to be flexible and innovative
- Relevant/recent office experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills.
- Competence with using Microsoft applications
In return the College can offer a fantastic working environment, an attractive benefit package, including access to the Lancashire County Council Pension Scheme, a generous holiday entitlement and a wealth of professional development opportunities
You will be based at the Preston Campus but will work across all our Centres to ensure outstanding and consistent provision is provided for all study programme students.
Salary: £15,442-£17,765 per annum, pro rata relating to qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Thursday 25 July 2019
If you would like further information please contact Lisa Hartley, Director of Student Support & Welfare on 01995 642205 or email@example.com.
- Student Support
- £15,442-£17,765 per annum, pro rata relating to qualifications and experience
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Thursday 25 July 2019