An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and driven person to work within one of the UK’s largest providers of land-based apprenticeships. As Assistant Head of Apprenticeship and Skills – Greenspace, the successful candidate will join a forward thinking and dynamic management team to further enhance apprenticeship growth in the College. The candidate needs to be an excellent manager or have the potential to become an excellent manager, ensuring effective programme management and the delivery of inspirational teaching, learning and assessment to meet the expectations of industry and Apprenticeship reforms. Effective organisational skills, time management and resilience are all key traits required for this role. A sound understanding of Horticulture and/or Sportsturf would be advantageous to manage a team of work-based tutors located throughout England.
As a National provider of apprenticeships, specifically around Sportsturf, Myerscough is at the forefront of delivery and development of new Standards. The College is rated Ofsted Good, has Leaders in Diversity and holds TEF Gold for its HE provision, maintaining its position as one of the country’s leading land-based colleges. As a first line manager within the department you will play an intrinsic part in driving forward the new Apprenticeship Growth Strategy:
- To substantially grow the number of Apprenticeships, both regionally and nationally, in order to support career aspirations of learners whilst meeting the needs of employers and industry.
- To deliver an outstanding Apprenticeship programme.
- To maximise the progression of young people to Apprenticeships
- To work in partnership with employers and industry bodies to develop and deliver relevant Apprenticeships and other training solutions.
Myerscough College offers a fantastic working environment, an attractive benefit package including access to the Teachers’ pension scheme and a wealth of professional development opportunities.
Salary: £27,570 - £35,287 relating to qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Wednesday 29th May 2019
It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Wednesday 5th June 2019
- Apprenticeship & Skills
- £27,570 - £35,287 relating to qualifications and experience
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Wednesday 29 May 2019