The Myerscough College Open Day and Country Fair is an action-packed fun filled day out for all the family. The annual event, held in partnership with the University of Central Lancashire will be on Sunday 7 June 2020. As one of the biggest days out in Lancashire’s outdoor events calendar, with over 10,000 visitors last year, you are sure to find plenty to see and do across the whole College site.
Covid-19 Update: We are of course closely monitoring developments regarding the Coronavirus pandemic and will update everyone accordingly as soon as possible. Like everyone, we desperately hope the situation in the UK improves by June, and rest assured any decisions on the event will be made with public health as priority. To the many of you who have already purchased tickets, thank you. We will contact customers directly should there be the need to do so going forward.
Thanks again for your support of our fantastic event. Stay safe.
View 2020 our promo video:
There will be a wide array of demonstrations, shows and interactive activities from the College's many diverse land-based and sports subject areas as well as numerous exhibitors, food and drink producers, trade stalls and entertainment. With hundreds of activities on offer, there really is something for the whole family.
We will confirm our Open Day & Country Fair attractions during the year - follow our dedicated Open Day & Country Fair Facebook page for the latest information.
2019's attractions included:
- 3SIXTY Bicycle Stunt Team
- A flypast from the iconic Lancaster Bomber
- The ever popular Sheep Show with dancing sheep and the Dog and Duck Show
- ‘Having a go’ at a variety of challenges and activities
- A tractor drawn ride to the College farms to see the cows and sheep and learn about farm life
- An exhilarating 4X4 Land Rover off-road experience with the Red Rose Landrover Club
- Children’s Zone offering children’s giant inflatable playground
- Sampling local produce and taking home some delights from the hugely popular food and drink producers market
- Getting up close to the small and large pets and livestock
- Equestrian arena shows and demonstrations
- Gundogs, falconry, and more in our Countryside Arena
- Viewing the motorsport, farm machinery and vehicle displays
- 3rd Annual Dutch Spotted Sheep Show. If you raise and breed Dutch Spotted Sheep make sure you take part in our show.
- An array of common and unusual plants for sale in Plant World adjacent to our award winning Myerscough Gardens
and much much more...
View our 2019 Country Fair & Open Day Gallery:
The event not only gives you a chance to see everything we do and more but prospective students can chat with tutors and meet with staff from each subject area to find out about the wide range of full-time, part-time, block release and short courses on offer at Myerscough College, University Centre Myerscough or at the University of Central Lancashire. Pick up a prospectus and apply for a course.