Come along to the Myerscough College Open Day and Country Fair for an action-packed fun filled day out for all the family. The annual event takes place this year on Sunday 10 June 2018 from 10.00am-5.00pm. As one of the biggest days out in Lancashire’s outdoor events calendar attracting over 10,000 visitors, you are sure to find plenty to see and do across the whole College site.
There will be a wide array of demonstrations, shows and interactive activities from the College's many diverse land-based and sports subject areas as well as numerous exhibitors, food and drink producers, trade stalls and entertainment. With hundreds of activities on offer, there really is something for the whole family.
Prepare to be amazed by:
- “Mr Showtime” Steve Colley performing stunts and tricks on his motorbike
- The ever popular Sheep Show with dancing sheep and the Dog and Duck Show
- The Theatre of Food with demonstrations by Rachel Green, award-winning chef, Cartford Arms, multi award-winning pub, restaurant and boutique hotel, Honeywell Meats, local butcher and Richard Holden showcasing his barbecuing skills
- ‘Having a go’ at a variety of challenges and activities
- A tractor drawn ride to the College farms to see the cows and sheep and learn about farm life
- An exhilarating 4X4 Land Rover off-road experience with the Red Rose Landrover Club
- Children’s Zone offering FREE children’s giant inflatable playground, face painting and Punch and Judy Show
- Sampling local produce and taking home some delights from the hugely popular food and drink producers market
- Getting up close to the small and large pets and livestock
- Galloping Acrobatics flamboyant vaulting based horse displays and other equestrian arena shows and demonstrations
- Gundogs, falconry, parade of hounds, sheep dog trials and more in our Countryside Arena
- Viewing the motorsport, farm machinery and vehicle displays
- The array of common and unusual plants for sale in Plant World adjacent to our award winning Myerscough Gardens
and much much more ……. Click on the links below to find out more
The event not only gives you a chance to see everything we do and more but prospective students can chat with tutors and meet with staff from each subject area to find out about the wide range of full-time, part-time, block release and short courses on offer whether you are aged 14 or 90. Pick up a prospectus and apply for a course.
Get here early to ensure you see it all. Car parks open at 9.30am. Disabled parking for blue badge holders is available with free buggy ride taking you to the heart of the campus.
We welcome well behaved dogs on leads.
COMING ON THE DAY? You'll get a FREE event guide on arrival with all the activities listed, plus a handy map to find your way around and staff will be available to help you get the most out of the day.
Why not get your tickets early and take advantage of our advance ticket prices. You can buy a ticket now for up to 20% less than our gate prices - that's a family ticket for just £16!! Look out for competitions in the run up to 10 June and on the day.