Myerscough College's Open Day & Country Fair sees thousands of people flocking to the annual event, with 2018 set to be another bumper year.
The College's largest event of the year is one of the biggest days out in Lancashire's outdoor events calendar. Crowds enjoy an action-packed family fun day out, including the usual array of demonstrations, shows and interactive activities from the College’s many diverse subject areas as well as food, drink and live music and entertainment. Prospective students also get the chance to see the beautiful campus at its best and chat with tutors and staff from each area.
The event is a major undertaking for the College and involves months of preparation by hundreds of staff and students as well as working closely with dozens of partners, third party companies and exhibitors. Highlights of the day include equestrian shows and demonstrations, motorsport and machinery displays, the agricultural shows and demonstrations, photography and floral exhibitions, sports tournaments and a host of children’s activities. The agriculture, rural skills and countryside zones and superb landscaped gardens also prove extremely popular by attracting many visitors.
Come along to the Myerscough College Open Day and Country Fair for an action-packed fun filled day out for all the family. The annual event takes place this year on Sunday 10th June 2018 from 10.00am-5.00pm. As one of the biggest days out in Lancashire’s outdoor events calendar attracting over 10,000 visitors, you are sure to find plenty to see and do across the whole College site.
Prepare to be amazed by:
- “Mr Showtime” Steve Colley performing stunts and tricks on his motorbike
- The ever popular Sheep Show with dancing sheep and the Dog and Duck Show
- The Theatre of Food with demonstrations by Rachel Green, award-winning chef, Cartford Arms, multi award-winning pub, restaurant and boutique hotel, Honeywell Meats, local butcher and Richard Holden showcasing his barbecuing skills
- ‘Having a go’ at a variety of challenges and activities
- A tractor drawn ride to the College farms to see the cows and sheep and learn about farm life
- An exhilarating 4X4 Land Rover off-road experience with the Red Rose Landrover Club
- Children’s Zone offering FREE children’s giant inflatable playground, face painting and Punch and Judy Show
- Sampling local produce and taking home some delights from the hugely popular food and drink producers market
- Getting up close to the small and large pets and livestock
- Galloping Acrobatics, flamboyant vaulting based horse displays and other equestrian arena shows and demonstrations
- Gundogs, falconry, parade of hounds, sheep dog trials and more in our Countryside Arena
- Viewing the motorsport, farm machinery and vehicle displays
- The array of common and unusual plants for sale in Plant World - adjacent to our award winning Myerscough Gardens
The event not only gives you a chance to see everything we do and more but prospective students can chat with tutors and meet with staff from each subject area to find out about the wide range of full-time, part-time, block release and short courses on offer.
Advance tickets are still available - click here to book and save up to 20% on on the gate prices: http://www.myerscough.ac.uk/tickets
You can find out more on our dedicated Facebook page, here: https://www.facebook.com/MyerscoughOpenDayCountryFair
Adults £10 / £8 advance
Family ticket (up to 2 adults and 2 kids 6-15) £20 / £16 advance
Adults 65+ £8 / £7 advance
Kids 6-15 £5 / £4 advance
Infants 5 & under - FREE
Share this article
by Dave Salmon