About the course
To attend this course, you would be expected to have basic background knowledge and understanding of your digital camera, ideally having already attended our, Digital Camera - Camera Skills, Functions and Basic Photo Manipulation course.
This course moves onto such terms as depth of field, metering modes, and how you can use household objects to better light your photographs
This intermediate level short course is designed for those that have some experience and knowledge of how to use their own camera on manual settings e.g. white balance, aperture, shutter speed and ISO settings’
During the course the following will be covered:
- Depth of field, lenses, files formats, metering mode explanations. Camera accessories explained.
- How to use household light sources and objects to create studio like shots.
- How to manipulate the use of a inbuilt flash
- Studio photography workshop session
Please note this course is an intermediate level and not really suitable for those who already have a fair knowledge of their camera functions.
Please bring with you your own digital camera, instruction manual, pen, paper, memory cards, USB pen (4GB), spare batteries (if needed)
We appreciate that some cameras no longer have a paper version of the instruction manual. In this case, please plan to print off if possible and bring the following sections from the instruction CD:
- White balance
- Shutter speed & Aperture (may depend on camera type)
- ISO settings
- Metering modes
- Flash settings
- Image quality and/or image size
If possible please bring the instructions CD too as it may be useful as reference
An Introduction to Photoshop Skills