About the course
With approximately 15% of people being affected by Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs), it is important for individuals to develop their understanding of what SpLDs are and how they can affect the lives of those impacted by them. From dyslexia and dyscalculia to ADHD and DCD, there are many types of SpLD and some people are affected by more than one. This course will help to identify ways of supporting individuals with dyslexia and other SpLDs.
By completing the course, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties. The units and topics included are ideal for learners who are looking to support individuals with SpLDs in any environment, be it at home, in the workplace, or in schools.
Who will Benefit from the Course
This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties. This could include teaching staff that wish to further their understanding of dyslexia, ADHD and other Specific Learning Difficulties, as well as employers who are looking for ways to support their workforce. This course is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a earner support advisor.
This Course is Available:
The online course is available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL, online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
• Exciting and engaging content
• Interactivity - featuring videos and games to enhance learning
• Virtual tutors who offer hints, tips and guidance throughout the course
What you will Learn
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
Unit 2: Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
Unit 3: Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
Unit 4: Understanding Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
Unit 5: Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties
• Gain an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
• Develop an enhanced knowledge of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties
• Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
• Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed