City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Brush Cutters and Trimmers
About the course
Brief Description of the Course:
This course covers the use of brush cutters or trimmers, including pre-start checks and maintenance, identification of controls and instruments and operating the machine to cut or trim to the capacity of the machine.
Just a keen interest in horticulture, arboriculture or forestry.
The assessment consists of one compulsory unit which is broken down into the following outcomes:
· Know how to carry out a risk assessment
· Know the health and safety legislation that underpins trimmer and brush cutter operations
· Know the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for trimmer and brush cutter operations
· Know the health and safety features of the equipment being used
· Know how to maintain the trimmer / brush cutter
· Know how to operate a trimmer / brush cutter
· Understand different operating techniques
· Know how to store equipment safely and appropriately
Learning and Assessment:
This practical course is delivered to include all the outcomes listed and assessed independently of the training day.
Assessment is held on a separate day (Usually/ideally the following week).
All Assessment fees are included in Course fee/funding.
To gain the qualification you must complete a practical test with one-to-one questioning.
Course Fee: £258
The cost of this course is usually £258. However, residents of Liverpool City Region are likely to be eligible for funding to pay for all or part of this course.
Please bring safety footwear and appropriate outdoor clothing. Covered arms and legs are essential when using Brushcutters/Trimmers.
There are further NPTC competency courses available at the College.
How to Apply:
To apply for this programme, please complete the on-line application form using the links on the right of the factsheet on the website. Alternatively, printed application forms are available from Course Enquiries:
Myerscough College Liverpool, Croxteth Hall and Country Park, Croxteth Hall Lane, Liverpool, L12 0HB
Please note that the information provided in this fact sheet was accurate at the date of publication. However, programmes of study are continually being modified and information is therefore subject to change.