Plan, prepare and construct funeral designs
Introduction to art and design for florists
Identify, check and monitor the quality of incoming cut materials
Identify and maintain the condition of plants and planted designs
Plan, prepare and construct tied floristry designs
Plan, prepare and construct floral arrangements
Plan, prepare and construct wedding designs with floral materials
Display of floristry goods
Introduction to working in the floristry industry
Introduction to function decorating using floral displays
2 GCSEs at Grade D (3) or equivalent, one must be English Language.
Learning and assessment
Assessments will include assignments and practical work.
*'Introduction to art and design for florists' is assessed by an assignment and an on-line multiple-choice test.
On successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma there is an option to progress to Level 3 options in floristry.
- Working in a florist shop
- Freelance florist
- Contract Work
Costs that are mandatory for the course:
- Stationery e.g. presentation files, decorative papers, notebooks, pencils etc. approx £50
- Plant materials – flowers & foliage to create weekly designs approx. £15 per week
- Photography – equipment and developing approx £20
- Floristry Tool box including a range of mechanics & decorative ancillary items: wires, tapes, string etc. approx £100
- Protective apron approx £20
N.B Complete lists will be discussed at enrolment to ensure all students purchase most appropriate and cost effective tools and equipment.
Costs that are optional for the course:
There will be the optional opportunity to book on a range of trips and tours. These may include trips to Holland to visit auctions and growers, Bruges to visit an international flower show, New Covent Garden in London and various day trips to enhance the learner experience.