This course covers practical skills and relevant background knowledge. Students are aged 16 or over and have a genuine interest in floristry on a commercial basis.
Learning and assessment
Assessments will include assignments and practical work.
*Unit 201 (Introduction to art and design for florists) is assessed by an assignment and an on-line multiple-choice test.
On successful completion of the Level 2 Award/Certificate there is an option to progress to the Level 2 Diploma and Level 3 options in floristry or Higher Education dependent on grades.
- Working in a florist shop
- Freelance florist
- Contract Work
Costs that are mandatory for the course:
- Stationery e.g. presentation files, pencil case, art materials approx. £20
- Plant materials – flowers & foliage to create weekly designs approx. £15 per week
- Photography – equipment smart phone or tablet/ipad can be used and is advised
- Floristry Tool box including a range of mechanics & decorative ancillary items: wires, tapes, string etc. approx £120
- Protective apron approx £20
- Books approx £55
N.B Complete lists will be discussed at enrolment to ensure all students purchase most appropriate and cost effective tools and equipment.
Costs that are optional for the course:
There will be the optional opportunity to book on a range of trips and tours. These may include trips to the local wholesalers, Flower club visits, Holland to visit auctions and growers, Bruges to visit an international flower show, New Covent Garden in London and various day trips to enhance the learner experience.