LANTRA Level 3 Award in Stationary Rope Work Positioning and Rescue
About the course
This is a brand new course released in 2019 designed to instruct a climber on how to safely ascend, climb and work position within the canopy of a tree using stationary rope methods.
What are the entry requirements?
The Learner must already have Tree Climbing and Aerial rescue, certificates must be provided upon booking. This course is aimed at experienced climbers.
How long is the course?
The course is 2 days of training followed by an assessment on the third day. Three days total.
What will the course involve?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
• Understand the stationary Rope Work Positioning for Tree Climbing
• Identify a range of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to tree climbing
• Identify hazards and manage associated risks
• Carry out visual tree inspection
• Carry out pre-use inspection of tree climbing equipment
• Choose appropriate anchor points
• Use techniques for safe and efficient ascent and descent
• Establish safe and comfortable work positions
• Carry out SRWP rescue methods.
What equipment will I need?
A full list of equipment required will be sent upon booking, please note additional equipment other than standard Tree Climbing equipment will be required. If you have any questions or want the list prior to booking please contact us.
What other training programmes and progression opportunities are there?
This qualification will be suitable for those currently in employment looking to enhance/update their skills and is also designed for those looking to progress into work and develop their career.