About the course
This 5 day introductory level course is designed to suit both the pet dog groomer looking for further training and advice on looking after the family pet or the sound start for the person considering a possible career in the dog grooming industry. Covering health, care and basic grooming requirements, on completion candidates should gain the satisfactory background knowledge, tuition and practical experience move on to a higher level or adequately satisfy the needs of grooming at home.
This course does not lead to a qualification, but can be supported by a Myerscough College attendance and completion certificate if required to commence and support further training.
The course delivered in partnership with Canine Health and Hydro, Clitheroe, Lancashire will cover the following areas:
· Introduction to equipment
· Basic dog handling skills
· Introduction to bathing and drying.
· Drying techniques and brushes for different coat types
· Clipping nails
· Ear cleaning and plucking
· clearing under the dogs pads
· Hygiene clips
· Basic trimming around feet and furnishings.
· All off grooms and basic styles.
· Further clipping techniques
· Consolidation of clipping experience to involve full basic "pet groom" on a selection of breeds
All tools and equipment will be provided, but candidates are expected to bring a suitable waterproof apron or specialist grooming top and wear suitable non-slip footwear. These items are available on line from http://www.groomers-online.com/
The Canine Groom School Professional Dog Grooming Certificate* delivered via Canine Health and Hydro
This course is an intensive 'block delivery' format leading towards City & Guilds qualification standards
Assessments are independant
Please ask the tutor for further details
*(Reduction in course fees and duration are applicable if the candidate has attended the Myerscough College 'Hands on Introduction to Dog Grooming')