About the course
If you are looking for a career within the animal care industry, then this is the qualification aimed at you.
Working with animals is extremely rewarding, but it can require long hours, with dedication and enthusiasm for the role. this qualification is suitable if you are 16 years old or over.
You will gain the practical skills and knowledge that are important for working as a competent dog walker. You could also progress to further learning and training in this area.
This qualification covers the skills you will need to progress to work as a dog walker. Mandatory content covers:
- Roles and responsibilities of a professional dog walker
- Legislation and codes of practice
- Breeds and behaviours
- Walking and controlling a dog
- Problem, injuries and emergencies
The assessment for this qualification will require you to achieve:
- One to one practical assessment with oral questioning