About the course
Our cupcake decorating workshops are perfect for beginners and intermediates where you will create your own unique designs to take home and impress your family and friends. You will leave with a wealth of knowledge, a variety of techniques and 12 beautiful and delicious cupcakes designed and decorated by you.
You will learn:
- A deliciously versatile cupcake recipe.
- Hints, tips and advice for filling the cases and baking.
- How to make the softest, most delicious coloured buttercream.
- Piping effects.
- Two-tone piping.
- Edible decorations with fondant, gum paste and royal icing.
- Smooth-top cupcake decoration
Additional Equipment - Students will be expected to bring their own equipment or purchase some tools prior to and during the course as well as bring materials/ingredients with them each week. An initial list will be given out prior to the start of the course and subsequent specialist items required for certain weeks thereafter will be notified by the tutor
You will need to bring an apron/overall for all sessions and should you wish to, please feel free to bring your own camera along to take photographs of the tutor demonstrations and your own handy work on the day!