About the course
As an alternative to the evening course this condensed one day workshop has been specifically designed as an introduction to cake decorating skills.
Delivered at a very basic level it will enable the beginner to try their hand for the first time with a range of techniques and equipment as well as showing the basic skills for decorating a celebration cake.
The workshop aims to cover:
- Crumb coating and covering a sponge cake with sugarpaste.
- Covering a cake board with fondant.
- The art of crimping.
- How to colour your icings
- Working with modelling paste to create a sugar teddy and a 3 rose sugar flower display
- Putting a celebration cake together with finishing touches.
Additional Equipment - Students will be expected to bring their own equipment or purchase some tools prior to and during the course as well as bring materials/ingredients with them on certain weeks.
You will need to bring an apron/overall for all sessions and rolling pin on occasion and should you wish to, please feel free to bring your own camera along to take photographs of the tutor demonstrations and your own handy work on the day!