My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Would you like to be part of a team that helps shape a safe learning experience for students?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Student Safeguarding and Support Team.
As a Student Support and Safeguarding Officer, you will play an active role within the Safeguarding and Support Team, working collaboratively and professionally with pastoral, curriculum, inclusive learning, residential and business support staff, maintaining links with external agencies and families in order to maintain a culture of vigilance and responsibility, maintaining the safest possible environment for all our students.
This will include responding to and managing safeguarding cases, attending meetings including multi-agency meetings off site and virtually, liaison with families and external agencies and key safeguarding partners whilst ensuring and supporting compliance with Safeguarding Policies, legislative and guidance.
Apply today to make a difference!
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBTQIA applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 37 Hours Per Week, Term Time Only at 39 Weeks Per Year. Part time hours considered
- Safeguarding, Support and Welfare
- Based at the Preston Campus (but may be required to work at other centres as required)
- £23,318 - £26,807 per annum, pro rata, relating to qualifications and experience, plus holiday entitlement. To be paid over 12 equal monthly payments. Please note the salary is based on 37 hours a week, 52 weeks per year
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Friday 26 August 2022
Application details and documents
- Application Form Safeguarding And Support Officer 26.08.2022
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (1)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Privacy Notice Applicants (10)