Student Support and Safeguarding Officer, 18.5 hours - Based at Preston
My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
The Safeguarding and Support Officer will be instrumental in the delivery of a range of therapeutic, safeguarding and welfare strategies with students.
You will work to engage students, families and carers of our students and working as part of multi-agency teams with external agencies to improve outcomes for students.
The job includes all students at all centres of learning including work-based students.
For the role you will actively and positively engage in supervision.
The role is to commence at the start of the new Academic Year, September 2022.
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBT+ applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 18.5 hours, 39 weeks per year, to be worked over Wednesday afternoon, Thursdays and Fridays
- Safeguarding, Support and Welfare Team
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £23,318 - £26,807 per annum, pro rata, relating to qualifications and experience, plus holiday entitlement. Please note the salary is based on 37 hours a week, 52 weeks per year.
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Friday 12 August 2022
Application details and documents
- Application Form Student Support & Safeguarding Officer 18.5 Hours 12.08.2022
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1)
- Privacy Notice Applicants (10)