Security Officer – Based at Preston
My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Are you an approachable team member with excellent interpersonal skills?
If so, we would love to hear from you! Apply today to join our Estates Team as a Security Officer.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for the matters relating to the following:
- The safety and welfare of students, staff and visitors
- The security of College buildings and other property on and off campus
- The protection of personal property of students, staff and visitors
- Compliance maintenance
- Assisting with the general functions of the Estates department.
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBT+ applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the People team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- Shift Pattern: 12.5 Hours – 4 on 4 off 4 on 8 off. Nights and days alternating every 8 shifts
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £21,012 to £23,317 per annum
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Thursday 25 May 2023
Application details and documents
- Application Form Security Officer 25.05.2023
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1) (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure (1)