Would you like to be part of a team that helps shape a great learning experience for students?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Student Support Team as a Safeguarding, Support and Welfare Manager.
As a Safeguarding, Support and Welfare Manager, you will act as the senior deputy designated safeguarding lead, safeguarding and protecting students and staff of Myerscough College and receiving safeguarding referrals and coordinating procedures which address and prioritise the needs of those affected including liaising with statutory agencies. You will manage the safeguarding and support team and safeguarding and welfare provision across all sites. The successful candidate will also deliver safeguarding training, update and implement policies and procedures and share learning, as appropriate, with staff, students and governors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Substantial experience of working with young people and be able to understand their range of issues within an educational setting.
- Experience of effectively leading/managing a team, inspiring loyalty and motivating others.
- Proven experience and understanding of providing effective supportive interventions and reactive responses to achieve positive outcomes.
- Experience of successful engagement with children, young people and vulnerable adults to promote safety and well-being initiatives and delivering positive outcomes.
- A high level of understanding of the current legislative guidance and best practice around student support and safeguarding in educational settings.
- Experience of working with a range of external stakeholders and building successful multi-agency partnerships/external relationships.
- Proven ability to manage complex and sensitive safeguarding matters and provide crisis interventions and guidance to senior leaders and College managers.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing positive safeguarding and support intervention strategies and responding to stakeholder feedback
- Ability to manage all elements of student support, care, guidance and support including complex safeguarding interventions, student engagement, The Prevent Duty, student behaviour and personal development
- Experience of supporting personal development across a wide range of personal, social, health, mental health and wellbeing issues.
- Experience of developing and delivering training.
In addition, you must have a Degree or equivalent qualification and GCSE or equivalent at Grade C/4 or above in English.
You will be based at the Preston campus but you will be expected to travel regularly to our other sites to ensure outstanding and consistent safeguarding provision is provided.
If you are interested in the role – please apply.
For more information please see the job description or contact Lisa Hartley, Director of Student Support and Welfare on 01995 642348 or email email@example.com.
Here at Myerscough College, we offer a fantastic working environment, an attractive benefit package - including access to the Local Government Pension Scheme and a wealth of professional development opportunities.
The role is 37 hours per week
The salary range is £27,570 – 35,287 per annum relating to qualifications and experience.
The closing date is Sunday 18 October 2020.
It is anticipated the virtual interviews will be held on Tuesday 27th October 2020.
Please visit the College website or contact the HR team by email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBTQIA applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 37 hours per week
- Student Support and Welfare
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £27,570 – 35,287 per annum relating to qualifications and experience.
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Sunday 18 October 2020