My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Would you like to be part of a team that helps shape a safe and supportive learning experience for students where no 2 days are the same?
Are you kind, caring and compassionate with the drive to make a difference to the lives and achievements of our students?
Do you have a natural ability to care for the needs of others?
Do you have a positive attitude and ability to promote independence and personal development. Can you shape and enhance the positive behaviours and attitudes of our students during their studies and promoting valuable work and life skills.
We are recruiting for a Maternity Cover Residential Support & Experience Officer who will be highly visible in the Residential Village: a trusted adult, approachable point of contact and support for our Further Education, University and Apprenticeship residential students.
You will provide support to all residential students, promoting and delivering a range of interventions and activities and provide a focussed support programme meeting individual health and welfare needs including supporting students with their mental health.
You will promote and implement the Student Charter, shaping positive and managing behaviours through the implementation of the College positive behaviour management process.
You will deliver a programme of positive activities to support student personal development and enhance the student experience. This may involve both on and off-site activities.
Apply today to make a difference!
What do you need to be a successful Residential Support and Experience Officer?
- Confidence, with a good understanding how to work professionally with young people and adults. You’ll be supporting students who choose to reside in Halls during their time at the College and University Students.
- You’ll be guided by your Residential Support Manager as part of a team of Residential Support Officers, working closely with other teams across the College, liaising with parents/ carers and external agencies.
- Safeguarding is a big part of the job, and we take it very seriously: you will be a key member of our safeguarding and support team.
- Great organisation and administration. You’ll be competent in managing your time, using a range of systems to accurately maintain student records. You will also complete admin duties, such as compliance and other Health & Safety records.
- Being Supportive. You’ll cover the duties of care for our students on a rota basis. providing pastoral and safeguarding support to ensure their holistic well-being and welfare.
- Be a great Communicator with a good level of spoken and written English.
- Energetic. Working 37 hours per week over a-day week over a duty rota and be visible in the Residential Village.
- Responsibility. You’ll take part in pastoral care duties, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rotating basis. You will take responsibility for your own professional approach and commitment to the role, supporting and safeguarding students to achieve their potential and gain valuable life, independence and personal development skills
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
What We Offer:
We take care of our team just as we do our students. As an employee, you can enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A generous holiday allowance of 31 days, plus bank holidays.
- Regular Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
- Hassle free onsite parking at our Preston Campus.
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to provide wellbeing support in moments of need.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, with a remarkable 19.5% employer contribution rate.
We are flexible working friendly and happy to discuss interest in flexible working.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Please note that as part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, our background screening checks include limited online searches. Online searches will only be undertaken in respect of the successful candidate, as a pre-conditional term of our job offer.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBT+ applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the People team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 37 hours, working over 7 days. Shifts will be between the hours of 8.30am - 1am Sunday to Friday , however this can be flexible to fit the rota
- Student Support and Welfare
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £21,012 - £23,317 per annum, relating to qualifications and experience
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Thursday 30 November 2023
Application details and documents
- Application Form Residential Support & Experience Officer (Maternity Cover) 30.11.2023
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2023)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Recruitment Policy V.2.3 20.09.2023