MIS and IT Support Technician - Based at Preston
My career at Myerscough College - Inspiring Excellence
About the role
We’re not looking for average, we’re looking for awesome!
You’re going to love this job if....
- You have a passion for IT and have strong technology skills
- You have experience in a computing / customer service environment
- You are a logical thinker
- You have an ability to generate and communicate ideas
Our MIS and IT team is growing, and we want you to join us.
You’ll play a key role in:
- Being part of the first and second line tech support for all staff and student queries by operating the IT and the MIS service desk
- Supporting the virtual estate using modern deployment techniques.
- Assisting in the design, development and release of in house software applications and supporting our 3rd part application suite across all college campus locations
Apply today to join our team.
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBT+ applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 37 Hours Per Week
- IT and MIS
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £19,337 - £26,807 per annum relating to qualifications and experience
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Thursday 1 September 2022
Application details and documents
- Application Form MIS And IT Support Technician 01.09.2022
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure