Lecturer in Land-Based Engineering Myerscough College Campus – Preston Based
An exciting opportunity to join the Apprenticeship and Skills department has arisen as a Lecturer in Land-based Engineering (predominately small plant, tool hire and battery powered equipment) who can also deliver PEO generic engineering modules.
The role is to provide inspirational teaching, learning and assessment for Land-based Engineering qualifications across a range of pathways to learners primarily on apprenticeship programmes.
The applicant must have a high understanding of both maths and electronics.
The role will provide on-going advice and guidance, all focussed towards ensuring a valued learning experience. The post holder must possess high level skills, knowledge, experience and a passion for the engineering industry and the training of apprentices.
It is essential you hold a minimum of…
- Level 3 qualification in Construction Plant, Land-based Engineering or Railway Engineering or related industry qualification at Level 3
- Significant industry experience in a relevant sector
- A Teaching Qualification e.g. PGCE, Cert Ed or equivalent (or be willing to achieve within an agreed time scale)
- Assessors Award (or be willing to achieve within an agreed time scale)
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade C/4 or above.
You will also have a flexible approach to your work, hold a full driving licence and be comfortable to travel as required.
In addition, you must have sound industrial experience with a passion to imparting this knowledge on to new apprentices in the workplace, along with strong administration and organisational skills and high levels of attention to detail.
This role will ideally suit someone with existing educational experience or someone looking for a career change. Full training and support will be given by the college, including a mentor.
In return the College can offer …
- A fantastic working environment
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- A wealth of professional development opportunities
37 hours per week x 2
Salary banding is £23,202 - £31,379 per annum
(in accordance with qualifications and experience)
The closing date is Friday 28 January 2022
Please note: It is anticipated the interviews will be held virtually
Please visit the College website at www.myerscough.ac.uk to download an application pack. If you are unable to download an application pack, please contact the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBTQIA applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 37 hours per week
- Apprenticeship & Skills
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £23,202 - £31,379 per annum, in accordance with qualifications and experience
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Friday 28 January 2022
Application details and documents
- Privacy Notice Applicants (10)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (1) (2)
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021 (1) (2)
- Application Form Lecturer In Land Based Engineering 28.01.2022