My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Are you looking to make a real difference to student’s lives?
Are you ready to be part of their success?
Do you want to take the next exciting step in your career?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Apply today to join our Agriculture and Countryside team as a Lecturer in Agriculture 0.6.
As a Lecturer in Agriculture 0.6, you will actively engage learners to succeed and reach their full potential through the delivery of effective and inspirational teaching, learning and assessments.
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
What We Offer:
We take care of our team just as we do our students. As an employee, you can enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A generous holiday allowance of 40 days pro rata, plus bank holidays.
- Regular Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
- Hassle free onsite parking at our Preston Campus.
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to provide wellbeing support in moments of need.
- Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme, with a remarkable 23.68 % employer contribution rate.
We are flexible working friendly and happy to discuss interest in flexible working.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Please note that as part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, our background screening checks include limited online searches. Online searches will only be undertaken in respect of the successful candidate, as a pre-conditional term of our job offer.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBT+ applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the People team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 22.2 Hours per week
- Agriculture and Countryside
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £21,012 - £31,536, full-time equivalent per annum relating to qualifications and experience. Teacher qualified staff commence at minimum £24,467. Actual salary will be pro rata per annum.
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Monday 26 February 2024
Application details and documents
- Application Form Lecturer In Agriculture 0.6 26.02.2024
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2023)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Recruitment Policy V.2.3 20.09.2023