My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Inclusive Learning Team as an Inclusive Learning Advisor with Personal Care Responsibilities.
This rewarding role is an opportunity to:
- Provide learning support to students with learning difficulties and disabilities, those with special educational needs and disabilities, those with literacy / numeracy needs and those in receipt of High Needs Funding.
- Liaise with colleagues concerning students being supported
- To ensure the safeguarding and wellbeing of all supported students
- Provide personal care support where required to students requiring assistance with personnel care in compliance with College policy and procedures
Have you got the good interpersonal and communication skills necessary for this role?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBTQIA applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 30 hours per week, Term time only, 35 weeks a year
- Inclusive Learning
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- National Living Wage in line with age plus 50p per hour where personal care duties are carried out plus payment for holiday entitlement and Bank Holidays
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Thursday 28 April 2022
Application details and documents
- Application Form Inclusive Learning Advisor With Personal Care 28.04.2022
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (1)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Privacy Notice Applicants (10)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure