General Farm Worker - Preston Based
My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Myerscough College Farms are looking for someone passionate about agriculture to join our team!
On a busy mixed farm with 180 dairy cows, 200 beef cattle and 1200 ewes, you will demonstrate commercial farming to a range of learners. As part of a large team, you will be involved in a range of jobs across all the livestock enterprises and have the opportunity to develop your skills.
As a team member the General Farm Worker will be required to complete tasks as directed including but not limited to Dairy, Sheep, Beef and Machinery Operations.
They will be flexible to move between Dairy, Red Meat, Machinery and student activities.
For more information, please contact our Farm Office on 01995 643467.
Why join us?
The job offers:
- £20,000+ salary, relating to qualifications and experience
- Accommodation on the farm
- Opportunities for ongoing training and learning new skills
- The role requires a full UK driving license.
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBT+ applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 48 Hours Per Week, variable due to the seasonal nature of the role. Inclusive of alternate weekends
- Myerscough Farms
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- Band 2 £21,012 - £23,317 pro rata, based on an average 48-hour week. Relating to qualifications and experience. To include weekends when required.
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Sunday 9 April 2023
Application details and documents
- Application Form General Farm Worker 09.04.2023
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1) (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure (1)