Catering Assistant - 30 Hours Per Week - Based at Preston
My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Do you have experience working in catering?
Are you a friendly and approachable team member with the ability and willingness to work flexibly?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Apply today to join our Catering and Residential Service team as a Catering Assistant. There are two roles available for this post.
As a Catering Assistant, you will maintain Myerscough Catering Services standards of kitchen, restaurant, personal hygiene and operate to the standard required by the Health and Safety regulations.
For this person-centred role, you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring accurate portion control, quality & counter service is standardised and delivered at all times
• Building good customer relationships with students, staff and visitors
• Undertaking regular cleaning of all equipment and work areas within the catering outlets
• Operating the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedure is used at all times
• Assisting the Chef team with some food preparation as required under the supervision of the chef on duty
We have two posts available! Apply today!
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBT+ applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 30 hours per week as required
- Catering and Residential Service
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- Subject to National Minimum Wage in line with age
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Friday 29 July 2022
Application details and documents
- Application Form Catering Assistant 29.07.2022
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021 (1) (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (1) (2)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure