My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Are you a reliable and enthusiastic team member who is committed to working with horses?
Can you demonstrate good knowledge and good practice within the equine sector?
Do you have the ability and willingness to work flexibly?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Apply today to join our Equine Studies Team as a Casual Equine Assistant.
In this role, you will provide reliable and regular weekend/ Bank holiday/ college holiday cover and some cover whilst students are away on work experience and will be available on a rota basis to support the equine yard.
Through your excellent interpersonal skills and your ability to work as part of a team, you will regularly liaise with the Yard Manager / Technicians in order to ensure a safe environment and high standards of animal welfare at all times, in compliance with appropriate legislation and relevant Codes of Practice.
Some of your duties will include:
- Undertaking correct feeding, watering and exercising of the horses on the Yard as instructed
- Undertaking correct maintenance of horse accommodation, thorough cleaning of stables and replenish bedding materials / enrichment as necessary
- Undertaking correct handling, restraining and health checking of horses as instructed
- Removing animal waste and bedding as per Yard protocols
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBTQIA applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the People team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria
- Weekend / Bank holiday cover / College Holiday cover and some cover whilst students are away on work experience
- Equine Studies
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- National Minimum Wage in line with age
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Monday 3 July 2023
Application details and documents
- Application Form Casual Equine Assistants 03.07.2023
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2023)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure (1)