My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Are you an approachable team member with excellent interpersonal skills?
Have you got good attention to detail and the ability to multi-task when needed?
Do you have previous experience working in an office?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Apply today to join our Corporate Services Business Support Team as a Business Support Administrator.
As a Business Support Administrator, you’ll work effectively as part of a team under the direction of the Business Support Supervisor to underpin the delivery of Further Education and Higher Education curriculum; supporting Apprenticeships & Skills provision, as well as active engagement in cross-College and Corporate Services events.
Some aspects of this role will include:
- Supporting the delivery of a range of cross-College activities, e.g. Graduation, Enrolment, Induction and Parents Evening events
- Data entry of student enrolments and withdrawals
- Creation and updating of student records
- Production of course materials
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Attendance at a range of meetings, including accurate note taking
- Undertaking the role of examination invigilator
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBTQIA applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 37 Hours Per Week
- Corporate Services – Business Support
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £18,015 - £19,249 per annum, relating to qualifications and experience
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Thursday 7 April 2022
Application details and documents
- Application Form Business Support Administrator 07.04.2022
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (1)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure