Assistant Head of Centre – Liverpool (Based at the College’s Croxteth Park Centre)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and driven person to work within one of the UK’s leading landbased Colleges. As Assistant Head of Centre, the successful candidate will join a forward thinking and dynamic team to further enhance opportunities for students studying at our Croxteth Park Centre, Liverpool. The candidate needs to be an excellent manager or have the potential to become an excellent manager, ensuring effective programme management and the delivery of inspirational teaching, learning and assessment. Effective organisational skills, time management and resilience are all key traits required for this role. A sound understanding of the vocational curriculum and experience of working with learners from diverse backgrounds is required to manage the team delivering Study Programme, Adult Education Budget (AEB) and full cost provision both at the Centre and within the local community.
Since it established 20 years ago the Myerscough College Croxteth Park Centre has achieved and maintained a reputation for academic success whilst meeting the needs of Liverpool City Region residents. The Centre has recently been shortlisted for the TES Contribution to the Local Community Award. The College is rated Ofsted Good, has Leaders in Diversity and holds TEF Gold for its HE provision, maintaining its position as one of the country’s leading land-based colleges. As a first line manager within the Centre you will play an intrinsic part in driving forward the future development of the Centre:
- To substantially grow the number of students studying at the Centre, in order to support career aspirations of learners whilst meeting the needs of employers and industry.
- To further develop and deliver the College’s Adult Education Budget (AEB) funded provision in Liverpool City Region.
- To deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment.
- To maximise the progression of young people into employment or further study.
- To work in partnership with stakeholders, community organisations, employers and partners to develop and deliver relevant training solutions.
Myerscough College offers a fantastic working environment, an attractive benefit package including access to the Teachers’ pension scheme and a wealth of professional development opportunities.
Salary: £27,570 - £35,287 relating to qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Friday 1 May 2020
It is anticipated that interviews will take place - via Skype - on Monday 11 May 2020
Please visit the College website or contact the HR team on 01995 642289/email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information and an application pack.
- 37 hours per week
- Croxteth Park, Liverpool
- Croxteth Park (Liverpool)
- £27,570 - £35,287 relating to qualifications and experience
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Friday 1 May 2020