Academic Lead Golf Professional - Based at Preston
My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Are you looking to make a real difference to student’s lives?
Are you ready to be part of their success?
If so we have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and friendly individual to join us as the Academic Lead Golf Professional (Fully Qualified PGA Professional).
Some of your duties in the role will include the following:
- Co-ordination and delivery of academic golf coaching sessions
- Developing progressive coaching plans to accommodate different levels of golf ability
- Utilise a range of golf analysis systems within coaching sessions
- Organisation and implementation of the golf fixture and playing programme
- Assisting with module delivery of golf to students on FE & HE courses
- Attending golf fixtures, tournaments and events
Apply today to join our team!
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBT+ applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the People team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- 37 Hours per Week
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- £21,012 - £26,807 per annum, relating to qualifications and experience
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Thursday 25 May 2023
Application details and documents
- Application Form Academic Lead Golf Professional 25.05.2023
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1) (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure (1)