Students aged 16-18 on 31st August 2017 or students aged 19-25 on 31st August who are subject to a Learning Difficulty Assessment or Education Health Care Plan, may be entitled to free lunches in 2017/18 provided they are enrolled on and attending a further education course.
In order to be eligible for free lunches students, or parents of students, must be in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
Students can apply for free school meals through the Bursary Applications form which can be found on this page.
Eligible students will have details of the healthy lunch option confirmed once the application forms have been approved.
If you have any questions in regards to the free school meals please do not hesitate to contact the Finance Office on 01995 642398 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.