Myerscough College Horses at Crow WoodDo you have a horse that could benefit from living in and working with us at the Crow Wood Equestrian Centre, Royle Lane Burnley BB12 0RT? We are looking for more horses to loan for the start of the new year in September.
If you would like to loan us your horse, please read the information below and fill in and send the form further down this page.
To find out how to get to the Crow Wood Equestrian Centre near Burnley, follow this link : http://www.crowwood.com/map-popup.htm
WHAT WE DO
- Variety of courses for Further Education students
- All courses have some form of stable management and many also give the opportunity to ride
- Students come in at a variety of levels from very little experience to established and competent competition riders
- We try to provide appropriate horses for each students but we like our horses to be versatile
- Myerscough is an approved BHS training centre
- All of our students have access to the fantastic facilities offered by Myerscough
- 3 arenas with varying surfaces
- Cross country course
- Horse Walker
- All of our stables are loose boxes
- Horses are fed on good quality haylage
and a hard feed
WHAT WE EXPECT
Myerscough owns and loans a wide variety of horses but we do have certain requirements for a horse.
- OVER 15 HH
Our students come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes so, must our horses
We can generally cope with small problems and quirks of personality. HOWEVER we must know about them!
- If we like your horse and you like us then we will ask
for a 4 week trial so we can find out if everyone gets along.
- If we (and your horse!) are happy then we will invite him back to be part of our team
WHAT IF I WANT TO TAKE MY HORSE HOME
- We ask you to give us 1 month’s notice so we can make alternative arrangements
- We will also give you a month’s notice if we feel your horse is not fitting in
- Each case will be addressed individually so there may be exceptions to the rule.
CAN I COME AND VISIT HIM?
- We are always happy to meet our horses’ parents and you are welcome to come and visit, watch or even ride.
- However due to our schedules you must arrange your visit first and riding may be restricted to weekends.
WHAT SHOULD I PACK IN HIS SUITCASE?
- We like horses to come in their own tack
- You can send their pyjamas however we have a comprehensive selection of the latest fashions available
- As with any holidays he will need to come with his passport
- We ask all our owners to take their horses home for the long college holidays at Easter and Christmas and during the summer
- We are happy for the horses to stay but we may have to charge you livery during this time
- We ask all horses to come fully vaccinated against influenza and tetanus
- They should also come wormed and shod
- During term time we will worm your horse and keep him in new shoes
- We will pay the first £25.00 of many non- routine vets bill but after that we ask you to pay
- If we feel that your horse would benefit from specialist attention e.g. the equine dentist, saddler, physiotherapist etc, we will first consult with you. However we do ask you to cover the bill.
- While your horses are with us at Myerscough they are covered by our third party policy
- Their bodily value is not covered
- We do need to know if your horse has other insurance, particularly if you are covered for vets fees
- you must tell your insurers your horse’s term time address
WHO WILL LOOK AFTER MY HORSE?
- Our students carry out most of the tasks on the yard closely supervised by our experienced team of yard staff and instructors
- Our yard manager is Helen Spang, who is in charge of all our horses
YOUR HORSE AT MYERSCOUGH
- All our horses are cared for to the highest standards
- We do appreciate all our owners and value their input but we ask to be allowed to make the day to day decisions regarding your horse
- All communications must go through our yard manager Helen.
- Fill in the on line form and we will get back to you as soon as possible
- Call or email Helen Spang (Yard Supervisor) on 01282453583 or firstname.lastname@example.org