First Aid for Cats and Dogs
Myerscough College, Preston
10.00 am - 4.00 pm
A must for anyone working with dogs and cats; kennels, catteries, grooming parlours, dog trainers and pet owners. Learn how to cope should an emergency arise.
A selection of the following subjects will be covered
- Accidental Poisoning
- Bandaging Techniques
- CPR Techniques
- Gastro Intestinal Emergencies
- Head Injuries
- Transport Techniques
- Wounds and Haemorrhaging
The Course format will be a mix of theory and practical work and the tutor will bring her dog for the duration of the course to demonstrate the different First Aid skills and enable all students to have a go and gain a better understanding of the different subjects covered.
How To Apply or EnquireEnrol and pay by phone: Tel: 01995 642255
Enquire online, using the 'Enquire' button at the top of this page
Enquire by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquire by phone: 01995 642255
Special Education Needs and Disability - Short CoursesProspective students who have a disability that may affect their studies should inform the College as soon as possible. Regrettably the College does not receive funding for the provision of learning support for students with additional learning needs attending Short Courses, which are run on a full-cost basis. The College's Learning Support Service may be able to provide support but it is the responsibility of the student to meet the cost. For further details contact 01995 642222 ext 2045 (or email email@example.com) with details of support requirements and the relevant course.
Please note that the information provided in this fact sheet was accurate at the date of publication. However, courses are continually being modified and information is therefore subject to change.
- Smallholders (starting 20 Jan 2015)
- Tellington TTouch for Pet Dogs Workshop (starting 21 Feb 2015)
- Tellington TTouch for Pet Dogs Workshop (starting 25 Apr 2015)
- Hands on Introduction to Dog Grooming (starting 14 Mar 2015)
- Hands on Introduction to Dog Grooming (starting 13 Jun 2015)
- An Introduction to Bats and Trees (starting 11 Feb 2015)
- Bee Keeping for Beginners (starting 16 May 2015)
- Bee Keeping for Beginners (starting 04 Jul 2015)
- Beginners Poultry Keeping (starting 18 Apr 2015)
- Beginners Poultry Keeping (starting 04 Jul 2015)
- Holistic Canine Care - Physical, Social and Psychological Needs of the Dog (starting 29 Apr 2015)
- Aspects of Canine Behaviour (starting 14 Jan 2015)
Find more Animal Studies related courses of all types